Saturday, October 04, 2008

We are easily amused!

The day after Chris's soldier committed suicide, Chris came home from PT, and called me outside. There was a baby squirrel looking at him sitting in our tree and "talking" to him. It was such a sweet reminder that even in the midst of pain, God sends us sweet joys to take delight in. So, since then these squirrels have become our "friends." Chris has developed a special affinity to them. He has brought out carrots and lettuce to them, and after they ate that, decided he needed a squirrel feeder, so he want to Lowes and bought one. He says he does it so that he can show John, but we all know!!! It really is sweet watching a grown man get all giddy over squirrels! I can't tell you how many times we have spent an entire week of afternoons (after Chris gets home, when I'm supposed to be making dinner!) outside looking at what the squirrels are doing. It really is cute, and now John looks at the tree for them everytime. He still doesn't know how to say squirrel, but he'll point!




I love how God made squirrels with the ability to blend into their environment! You can barely see this little guy





So another way that we are easily amused is watching daddy cut the grass. John is fascinated by the mower & the weedeater, and I have always loved watching lawns get mowed. There is something about watching progress take place. I love watching the amount of tall grass decrease with every circle of the lawnmower. I know I'm wierd!





John is just fascinated with being outdoors!








And in case you needed to see an updated belly pic here is:
I think I'm 33 weeks in this pic.

No comments: