Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hanging with the cousins (Dec 30th)

T & Sarah left bright and early on the 30th, so they missed hanging out with our cousins from Helena. They almost didn't make it as they slept through their alarm. Thankfully mom & dad were awake & went to check on them. I had woken up to feed John, probably around the time they were supposed to be up, and kept waiting for them to wake up, so that I could say bye. I figured maybe they had talked about leaving at a different time after I went to bed so I didn't wake them. Needless to say, b/c of that, I didn't get to say goodbye. :o(
After church & Sunday School, we met up with my uncle Dan & Aunt Jeanne, cousin Courtney & her hubby Craig & Abigail, their 1 year old, cousin Josh & his wife Sarah, & cousin Melissa & her hubby Dave. We had some yummy Mongolian BBQ. I love watching them just move it around on the big stone and all of a sudden it's done, and they flip it into your bowl.
By the way, just a side note while I'm thinking about it, Dave & Sarah I think should get the record for knowing the most people. Not only does Dave know everybody in San Antonio (or at least half of them), he knew people in Montana. They made a special trip over to the Alliance Church so that Dave could say hi. It turns out that Sarah knew just about everyone there too!
Anyway, after eating and catching up, we went to do Montanan's favorite pasttime: bowling. At least that's what we did for quite a few b-days & often on the weekends in high school. Brought back all sorts of memories! It was a lot of fun, & I actually for the first time didn't really care how I did (although I do think the lane was slightly slanted, as all of us didn't do very good, and even though I was aiming & following through straight down the middle I kept making gutter balls, but that's beside the point!) I got to talk to my Aunt about scrapbooking, and how to do it quickly, as it takes me forever. I looked through Sarah's wedding scrapbook, and got some neat ideas, and had fun playing with John & Abigail, and hanging with the cousins. Oh, and then we went to the Leaf & Bean, a fabulous coffee shop, and chitchatted. I love how Bozeman has a million different coffee shops. I made it my goal to try something from almost all of them!
We took pictures of both the guys and the girls, but for some reason, I only got the girls.



I had to put both of these, b/c the first one is a really good one of John & me, but not so good of Cortney & Abigail, and vice versa on the second one.


Mommy & John hanging out after bowling!

No comments: