Monday, March 24, 2008

Johnbug's 6 month b-day and other January happenings

January was a month of lots of passing around colds, resting, and catching up with some friends. But, it also was a month of firsts. John's 1st tooth popped through on January 20th. I felt it as I was putting my finger in his mouth to suck on. Won't be doing that any longer to soothe him, as itty bitty baby teeth are quite sharp! It was his bottom right front tooth (if you are looking at him). Another 1st he found his toes. He loved to look at his feet, especially with his rocket shoes on, but he actually found out he could grab them and stick them in his mouth this month. Yum, quite tasty! He also started inchworming himself backwards. He's gonna be mobile within no time! However, on January 29th, a major thing happened. It was his 6 month b-day!! We had been looking forward to this all week long, as this was the day he would get real "big boy" food: rice cereal!!!! He has been interested in food all along, but I wanted to wait until his 6 month b-day, partially b/c the Dr. recommended it, but mostly, b/c I wanted it to be a special day. John made it extra special also, b/c he decided after a 2 1/2 month hiatus to start rolling over again, and he did it over and over and over again!!!! Daddy even got to see it. I was beginning to wonder if he had forgotten how to!
When daddy came home from work, the "party" started!! Here are some pictures of the day:

John looking curiously on as we prepare his food.

The first bite!!

Anxiously awaiting more!

Awyumm

Hmm, what do I think of this!

Enjoying eating big boy food!

Umm, do I get any more?? Maybe if so much wasn't spilled on your bib, you'd have more to eat

Swing and a miss!

Mommy gets a chance

John enjoyed chewing on the spoon, a wee bit more than he enjoyed the cereal!! It was close which one he enjoyed more!

The clean up!

Happy boy on top of daddy's shoulders, after enjoying a good meal!!!

This wasn't from his 6 month b-day, but had to get a shot in here of his first tooth!











We had to upload in 3 separate segments otherwise it wouldn't upload! Also, a disclaimer, the "cereal" is really runny, b/c we used breastmilk to mix it with, so that the taste wouldn't be completely foreign to him! Not sure why I felt the need to put that in there, but there you have it. If you would like to see additional pictures from January see January.

4 comments:

Jennifer Owens said...

Haha you crack me up with your breastmilk in the cereal comment. Very Rachel. And how cute is your little boy! I love the picture of him on top of Chris' shoulders with drool everywhere. He's such a stinkin' cutie!!!! Miss you guys!

Julie Carroll said...

Your little man is SO cute! I can't believe that he is already 6 months old! I am really excited about blogging... let's hope I can keep up with it! Bill Norris commented on my page which means he set up and account. Now I will bug him to get a profile up and running! Take care.

Pastor Bill said...

Hi Rachel!!!!!!

I found out about your Blog site through your old classmate, Julie Carroll, who is now part of our church family! (small world!) What a BEAUTIFUL family!!! You are truly blessed! Molly and I have missed you and are so excited to see how the Lord has led and blessed you!

How are your folks & siblings doing? I can't believe you're all married now! (I'm feeling old!) Can you send me everyone's contact info? You can always get a hold of Molly and me at:

Bill & Molly Norris
12036 W. Kings Canyon
Boise, ID 83709
(208) 562-5507
norrisx8@msn.com
lhbcpastor@qwestoffice.net
www.lakehazelbible.org

Talk to you soon!

In His Grip,
Bill <><

the Lattins said...

What fun! I was so excited to see your comment on our blog and now to see your little guy! He's adorable. Send me an email at lattina@comcast.net and we can catch up. Love - Anna