Friday, May 23, 2008

Easter & Snow (March happenings)

So, in March, the major happenings for us were Easter, and Texas snow. Other than that we pretty much laid low!
Early in March we woke up to snow!! Granted, not nearly as much as we would have in Montana, but snow nonetheless. I had to get a picture of John in TX snow!

Still not too interested!

Easter was different, although as I say that, I really don't remember Easter having any traditions that continued after we were grown, except for maybe the finding of our Easter baskets when we happened to be at home. Our church and the church who planted us (the church where Chris & I actually met) did a combined service at the big expo center here in Belton. I don't know if I've just gotten old, or what, but I really enjoy small churches. 200-300 is about max size for me. It's so easy to get lost in anything bigger, and there really isn't any sense of community. It was just different. Chris's mom joined us for church, and enjoyed dancing with John to the music. He actually fell asleep in her arms. She was tickled!!
That afternoon we had some friends from Bible Study over for lunch/dinner. We brought our expandable table into the living room, so all 12 of us could sit around us. We enjoyed ham, deviled eggs, scalloped potatoes and salad, not to mention some yummy 7-layer dip, and fabulous desserts. We spent some time playing Catch Phrase, and then folks called it an evening. Quite laid back and low key. Unfortunately, I was to preoccupied with making dinner, that I forgot to take pics of the festivities. I did manage to recreate John's first deviled egg eating experience the following day:

Hmm, I don't know about this

Ok, I'll try


Still not too sure

Ok, let me try again

The look of satisfaction!




And of course, I had to throw a picture of a picture of John normal, and pooping, b/c every child needs an embarrassing picture like this on the internet!! :o) I was actually surprised we captured it.

We did do one thing quasi Eastery, the week before. We went out to visit our friends the Allens, who have some land, and they have a bunny. John had been exposed to bunnies on our trip out to see the Meiers the week before, but not quite to this level! This bunny let him pull on him, eat his ears and steal his lettuce!! It was quite comical to watch. We also enjoyed some other firsts including playing on a trampoline and riding a 4 wheeler.


First, I'll pet it nicely...

Then, I'll grab it...

Then, pet it nicely again...

Finally, as it is unsuspecting, I'll eat it's ears!!

Hmm, ok, so lettuce goes in the mouth

Let me try some of that


Hmm, are you sure about this Mr. Rabbit, it's not looking too appetizing!

Not sure what to think of the ride!





1 comment:

Julie Carroll said...

I love all the pictures! The one of John pooping is the best. That is a great black mail picute! I hope the exhaustion/ morning sickness is lightening up.