Monday, October 22, 2007

Montana week 2

So, really the rest of the time in Montana was spent showing John off at my parents' work & Bible Studies, shopping, finishing projects, and hanging out. We did take a day and go visit one of my best friend's from elementary school's mom. My friend is doing her residency in Washington, and we were just going to miss each other. She was arriving in Bozeman the Friday that I left. Mrs. Skinner loved seeing John. She hadn't changed much at all. It felt like old times to be visiting her place, except for the housing developments that were going in all the way up to her farm, or almost all the way. She had been "laid up" for the last 6 weeks with a pulmonary embolism, and hadn't had any energy, so a friend of hers from church got together a group of ladies from various churches, and showed up at her doorstop and surprised her by cleaning her whole house. What a neat way for Christians to come together in unity and shower love on someone. Not a bad idea to think about instituting amongst those I know down here. It was truly an example of how the body of Christ functions, and loves others. What a neat ministry. I really wish I had taken a picture of the "Merry Maids." They were so adorable. All of them had on aprons, hair nets, and gloves. Too cute!


No comments: