Sunday, March 28, 2010

meeting baby Danny

One of the weeks that Chris was gone (Aug 09) either in the field or TDY the boys and I decided to go meet baby Danny. We drove down through Austin and picked up Sarah & I's mutual friend, Laura & her two girls (who were good friends with John before they moved) and headed out. We had a great time. I got to practice my Spanish with Laura's cousin's grandma (who the kiddos loved cuz she loaded them up on bananas and fruit, and she had some yummy tea she had me try!), had some good conversations, the kids did pretty well on the car ride, and of course we got to meet our new nephew, and cousin. One thing I learned that trip, through Laura, was that kids are gonna be wild, crazy, off their schedule, and you are going to be tired. You just have to expect that. It has definitely helped in future trips that we have taken, just to know that it's not gonna be the same as it is when you are at home. I say that, b/c not only were the boys a little wild at Sarah's house, but when we left they were tired, and hungry. We stayed at Lackland Air Force Base's OBQ's, which was a wee smaller than the ones that I had stayed at in San Angelo. We had great plans as how it was all gonna work, but nope, didn't happen. The kiddos had a hard time settling down. I was gonna have John sleep in the closet in the big room, but he screamed when I put him in there, but when I brought him out to the foldout bed in the living area he decided it was play time and jumped around not listening to me. The whole time, Naiah wasn't falling asleep either, cuz of all the commotion, and I was exhausted, so I got really frustrated and just wanted to cry. Thankfully watching Laura taught me how to be patient and give of myself even when I didn't want to. She taught me how being a mother is truly selfless, especially when you are wanting to be selfish the most (ie when you are tired!)
being cute as mommy was packing

Mikaela & Kiera loved the pool table!

Baby Danny!!!!!!

Since it was like over 100 degrees (if you can see on the thermometer) we set up the kiddy pool and everyone hopped in!

John checking on Danny
Precious

Kiera checking on Danny

Naked boy alert!!

John & Kiera, "What are you doing, Ben? You are taking up all the space!"
Much better

Mikaela wondering the same thing as John & Kiera

I loved all these faces, couldn't pick just one





Ben checking out his cousin
Thought I'd post a closeup for idea of size difference!

The next day we stopped back at Sarah's and attempted to take a picture of all the kiddos, and some of the three cousins. This is what we ended up with:
Not too bad, but missing a few!


Ben was fascinated by his cousin, and Danny loved the attention!


John looking, but Ben busy "helping" Danny do something


Mikaela looking, but nooone else, and John is trying to escape


The girls and Danny looking (of course it would be my two who would "ruin" the perfect picture!!

Almost got them all til John tried to escape!!


Well, at least 2/3 cousins isn't too bad!!

Now John gets squirrely, and Ben gets distracted. Here he is by Mikaela, and then

on top of the couch, distracting everyone else!

Mikaela is still posing, but everyone else has lost interest

Well got the 3 cousins, and Kiera


Now the boys are starting to fight

Probably the best of the 3 of them, even though noone is looking!

And we've officially lost control!!! :)

Danny decided to nap in the midst of it

Yeah getting 5 kids under 3 to look at a camera is quite a task!! At least it made for some fun memories. The drive home went much too quickly, at least the drive to Austin did. The boys were pretty crazy by the time we got home, and I was pretty exhausted!! But it was all worth it!

No comments: