Thursday, March 19, 2009

We love ducks!

On January 30th, we finally got to feed ducks. One of the reasons I loved our house was b/c we live just down the street (like 2 houses away) from a pond that has ducks. (I grew up about the same distance from a duck pond and we would go feed them weekly, and I wanted my kids to enjoy the same thing.) Unfortunately said pond is private, and I haven't gotten to know the owners yet. I know they wouldn't mind based on what all the other neighbors have said, but I wanted to do the right thing. So, my neighbor told us about CTC's duck pond.
We decided to meet my neighbor Kirsten and her girls there. John was fascinated. He loved chasing them around and feeding them bread.



First we look at the ducks in the water

Then we go searching for them

Checking out where our bread went

The duck was John's follower. He kept coming up to him wanting bread. I guess it's cuz John sought him out (see above pic. He's the one hiding under the bushes.)

Kirsten and her girls

Lily sharing her bread

This duck was humongous. He was as tall as John.

Chasing ducks





Watching them swim

Thankfully Ben slept the entire time we were there. After feeding all our bread we played chase, ring around the rosie, and climbed over the bridge.
Climbing over the fun bridge
A good pic of my handsome boy checking out the wildlife

Natalie had to go to the bathroom while we were there, so we hiked up to the library. John was fascinated by the big doors and the big bell that was in the entryway. We made it all the way back to my car when I realized I had lost my keys. (Funny thing, Chris lost his keys, the only ones we had for the Suzuki, earlier that week at PT-He ended up getting them back nearly a month later when he was working staff duty-a 24 hour duty where you sit at the headquarters and make sure nothing goes wrong). I knew I had put them in my pocket, so I figured I had lost them when we "fell down" from Ring around the rosie. And after a quick prayer I found them glimmering in the sun near where we had been playing. Thank you Lord!
It was a great morning and I couldn't wait to go back again, and to show Chris!

1 comment:

Jen said...

He was so cute!