Monday, March 30, 2009

The progression to potty training

The progression to learning how to use the big boy potty:

First, attempt to get on the thing
Get one foot stuck in the hole
Get two feet stuck in the hole
Pull one foot out
Then the other
Find some good reading material

And then folks you are set to go poopoo in the big boy potty, just like our John bug did today!! Forgot to take a picture I was so excited, but you got some of the days preceding it!

Really, what happened was we saw him trying to poop, caught him, and I think surprised him b/c he stopped trying and walked around like he had something in his diaper. When we changed him, there was the beginnings, and so we placed him on the potty, and ta da, business was done!

Yay Johnbug!

2 comments:

Jennifer Owens said...

I find sticking my feet in the toilet before I go is quite effective too! (o:

Congrats on potty-training! I can't believe he's big enough to start this already! Where does the time go?

The Scott Family said...

Yea, John! That's really exciting! The pictures crack me up!