Sunday, May 03, 2009

The real Evie arrives

So, 6 days after we held the shower at Bible Study the real Evie was born (March 23rd)! We were able to go meet her. It took us a while to get up there, b/c first we had to wait for the boys to wake up from their naps, then we had to get everything together, then we had to stop at the gate, as we were borrowing the van we now own, to get a visitor's pass, and finally we had to figure out how to get to the labor and delivery ward!
Don't I look ready for another one?? Holding Evie made me ready to have a baby girl! But I am definitely content to wait!


Ashley had to show me the only trait Evie shared with her: her fingernail beds. She pretty much is David's mini me!

We ran into the Skoogs up there and after "ooohing" & "aaahing" over Evie we all went out to Schlotzsky's for dinner. Ben had a blast! He enjoyed eating the paper, flirting with Stephanie, and dancing to the YMCA with daddy.
Hmm, let's try this
Hmmm, not sure what I think about the taste.
Guess I'll have to try a little more to make sure.






And yes, even John got into the dancing!

2 comments:

Jen said...

What a joy!

Jennifer Owens said...

How fun! Little Ben is so cute!!

ANd I've decided you have to have a girl next too! (o: