Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Transition to Big Boy bed

So the last week in March, we started putting John in his big boy bed, as Ben was getting too big for the cradle and would soon need to sleep in the crib. We started with naptimes, and a few times he got in and would stay in. Often I would hear him rummaging through the things in his room, and I'd have to go back and put him down. A few times I caught him:
He had a full time of reading books before he conked out on the floor. (I did transition him to the bed after I took this pic!) Since then I have also walked in on him falling asleep while sitting up reading on the floor.


Another day I found him like this:
He had grabbed the baby powder off the changing table (right next to his bed) and proceeded to dump it all over his bed (see below pic). He slept in the crib that naptime and for a few days after that until I had the time to gather up all the baby powder so that we could use it later (yes folks I'm cheap-besides it was 3/4 of a bottle!)


This incident convinced me that Chris was right all along in that we needed to buy a shelf to put stuff on, so that John wouldn't get into it. Well funny thing. Shortly after we installed said shelf, John started climbling up onto the changing table and getting into things. One time I actually walked in on him laying down on the changing pad, almost asleep. The kid hates the changing table for its actual purpose, but apparently it makes a great bed!!

All in all, it really only took a week (max 2) and he was sleeping naps and nighttime in his big boy bed. Now that Ben is in the room, our hardest task is keeping John from going over and climbing into the crib to wake Ben up!!! He does love his brother!

No comments: