Saturday, July 18, 2009

First Rice cereal

We always make the 6 mo "birthday" mark a special occasion by celebrating the first consumption of rice cereal. Chris was gone on Ben's official 6 mo b-day, and I just wasn't quite ready for my baby to grow up, so I put off feeding him cereal for a couple of days. Part of me wishes I would have done it on his b-day b/c he would have had a party. We were over at the Waden's and the Skoogs and Pflugs were there, so we could have thoroughly enjoyed him. However, he also was in a funk that day, so I felt it best to wait til he was in a better mood.
So, two days later, Benaiah enjoyed his first rice cereal. He actually did pretty well and didn't push too much out of his mouth, and didn't make a funny face with it!


Chewing on a spoon in preparation

1st bite
Hmm that was interesting
Let's try it again
A zoom out shot to show it was really me feeding him

WHOA!
John wanted to "help" or rather get in on the attention, so he climbed on my back as I was finishing feeding it. Grandma Race watching in the background


Wow, that was cool, let's do it again!

John
Ben loved his Grandpa. Grandpa had just the right touch to always get him smiling & giggling

No comments: