Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm 2!

These two words have been practiced all week long in honor of today. Yes, today our John Bug officially turned two years old. It's hard to believe it's been too whole years since our lives were forever changed by this bundle of energy!

When did he go from being my little baby to being my big boy? All of a sudden he just grew up. He is now roughly 3 feet tall, and can no longer be held in my arms without a little muscle (although he still loves to be picked up and snuggled if he has a bad dream or wakes up for some reason in the middle of the night). He is officially sleeping in a toddler bed, (has been for about 6 months). He answers yes or no if he wants something (although his favorite word is definitely NO-ugh). He is developing his speech and tries all his new words (some unintelligible unless you look at the context) and his eyes light up if you figure out what he's saying. He loves to be outside running or playing in the water (splash as he calls it).


He is my big helper, bringing me wipes or toys or pacis for his little brother, moving the sprinklers around where I tell him, carrying the bag of trash outside, unloading the dishwasher, handing me clothes to hang on the line, "cleaning" his eating area (this consists of handing me the plates or pushing them off his placemat!). He loves anything to do with batting a ball (sometimes kicking it) or hitting something. He loves noise and anything that makes loud, crashing, banging noise is the best (particularly the drum set at his Uncle Dave & Aunt Sarah's house. He loves that so much that I often find him air drumming when we return home from a visit). He loves to sing and will often just start singing a song he's made up with a few of the words that he knows interspersed. He loves "fixing" things or figuring out how things work (although if something isn't working quite right after a number of times trying it, he will often shriek in frustration and get mad). He loves to organize things in a line or a stack, often based on color. He also loves to open and shut things over and over again (ie a pop up lid).


He loves being loud, squealing through the house chasing Kebap or Tess! His vocabulary is ever expanding, but the words that are the most clear include: Mommy, Daddy, Niah (Benaiah), Kebap, ball, choo-choo, up, down, round and round, bear, flag, star, fruit, cracker, more, please, NO, stay, go, splash, basket ball (said bassetball), football, baseball, soccerball, kitty, doggy, Papa, Nanny (for both his Nana and a banana), cheese, bread, juice, water, lawnmower, truck, shoe, stop, apple, tv, night night, pacifier, Elmo (not really sure how he learned that one b/c he only has Elmo pjs and never watches it on tv), birdie (pronounced birdeye), helicopter, airplane, motorcycle (which often gets called helicopter by mistake), cookie. I know there's more, but I can't think of them right now. He knows the sounds for almost all the animals (except for maybe a giraffe, penguin, rhinoceros -those that I have no clue what sound they make!) He loves saying I love you, byebye, to his daddy when he leaves. He loves his daddy so much and asks where he is constantly throughout the day. (I hear its the same when I happen to leave). He loves his little brother, and even though he doesn't always love letting him play with his toys, he often will try to make Ben laugh.


I love the way his eyes sparkle when he is happy! I love that just the other day he was saying "Bye bye" to me as he walked up the sidewalk with his lawnmower, and then came back just to give me a kiss. I love how thoughtful he is of his little brother, and how he longs to help with everything. I love how he loves to figure things out. I love how he gets concerned and wants to protect mommy or daddy when he sees things are amiss. I love how he loves life.
I love you my "little" John Bug. I can't wait to see the boy and man that you become. We pray that you will come to know Jesus as your Lord and Savior and that you be like John the Baptist & the prophet Isaiah (whom you are named after) and not be afraid to stand up for your Lord, and for right and wrong. We love you so much and can't wait to see what is in store for you.

1 comment:

KellyM said...

Happy birthday John!

That's cute - I hope Nana doesn't mind sharing her name with the fruit!