Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Dinosaur Park & saying bye

Our last day in MT we toured the town. One of my neighbors down the street went to MSU back in the early 70's, and said he lived on the corner of Black & Tracy, so I promised him I'd take some pics of the area since he left. I made sure to include some of the rest of the town including the university. However, I probably won't bore you with the pics, so I'll show you a pic of my boys playing at the newly developed Dinosaur park. Bozeman is known for its study of dinosaurs. Our Museum of the Rockies helped clean the bones from the largest T-Rex find (can't remember where-you can tell how much they excite me!) So anyway, they decided to create a park that tells about Dinosaurs as you play on the swings and slides and climb the rock wall. These first two pictures are rather random. This bunny is what my mom used to see on her walks, and it would remind her to call John, and now Ben.

Random pic of my fine hubby!
And, now the dinosaur park pictures:
John often has to be coaxed to go down the slide. This one he did by himself, but very slowly. Notice the legs stretched out to hit the sides to slow him down!
Exploring the tunnel!
Um, really, must we taste the swing?
I figured I should probably be in at least one picture
What is with my children and tasting the swings?!

Going exploring
He climbed this rope ladder by himself. I was just there to spot him.
I was pretty impressed he did this tunnel slide all by himself
Of course mommy had to be there to catch him!







Can you tell he was busy? It was a fascinating park!

Ben, not to be outdone, decided to climb the climbing wall!! With Grandma's help of course. In the background you can see a little girl playing in a sandbox where it has dinosaur footprints, and "bones."

Not sure why I don't have any pics of Chris or my dad. They were both there. After we left the park we ended up driving out to Gallatin Gateway to eat. It was really yummy food, and all to soon the night was over, and we had to drive home pack, get the kids in bed, and get ready for a very early departure back home. It was a great vacation, much needed, and I'm excited to do it again sometime!

No comments: