Wednesday, January 16, 2008

4 month shots (Nov 29th)

The week after Thanksgiving was John's 4 month birthday, so in order to celebrate, why we took him to get his shots! Hopefully he won't be scarred for life, by getting shots on his birthday(s)! After the horrific experience with his 2 month shots, I was very thankful that Chris was able to get off early and come to the doctor's appt, and be at home that evening should he start screaming. I took my own advice and made the appt later in the day, and I gave him Tylenol right as we got there. Well, I don't know if he was just older and had more meat on his bones, or if he was trying to be a big boy for daddy, but the little guy barely let out a squawk, and then he was done...for the WHOLE rest of the day! He even came home and went right to jumping in his floor jumper. Why is it that when you always need the extra help, it's never available, and when things are going well, there's plenty of extra help! Go figure!

I must say I did like the lady who gave the shots this time better than the one before. I'm wondering if he screamed so much b/c he was pinned down the first time. This time she did one leg at a time, and then let him move. Hmm, the nurse in me is always trying to figure out the best & least painful ways to do things. I'll have to keep assessing the situation at every dr's appt!



2 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah, pinning the kid down would never be a fun thing! Poor baby!

Jen said...

Yeah, pinning the kid down would never be a fun thing! Poor baby!