Monday, January 21, 2008

Daddy's graduation (Nov 30th)

Ok, since I'm a proud wife I have to put this post up. To Chris it was just another day in the army, but I want to brag about my awesome husband. On Friday November 30th, Chris completed his OBLC course. They had a graduation ceremony down at the schoolhouse at Ft. Sam. John & I made it, barely. Chris has really enjoyed the time he spent at OBLC, primarily in leadership, and in the field. He would get so excited when he would talk about all his experiences, primarily in leading his platoon. Well, apparently the company also noticed his leadership skills, b/c he was named best leader overall at their graduation. According to him, it was nothing, he just got his name on a plaque, but I am proud of him. Oh yeah, earlier on in the class, he received a General's coin (pretty big deal in army land!) for being the most squared away! You'll have to ask him about the story. He tells it much better than I do!
Unfortunately my camera wasn't behaving right when he received the award, so I have a blurry picture of him, but here are some from after the ceremony:


Some of the nurses in his platoon


The fam!

No comments: