Wednesday, July 23, 2008

June 6-8: Weekend in San Antonio (Day 1)

Well, we had originally planned on going down to San Antonio this weekend to bring a fridge to our house down there, in the hopes that we would get a renter, but we received an offer on the house, earlier that week, so no need to bring the fridge. We decided to go anyways so we could see people, and plus one of our friends was getting married and had invited us.
We left 1/2 an hour later than we had planned, and then we found out 20 minutes into our drive that Chris had forgotten his wallet. We decided as we were already running late (we were to meet my former coworkers at 11:30), I would just drive the whole trip. So we pulled over and did a Chinese fire drill. Then, of course the clouds started dumping rain. Then for no good reason, Austin was wall to wall traffic at 10:15 in the morning (go figure), and it hadn't even rained there. So needless to say, I called my friend Kara to tell her we were going to be late. Turns out we were only 35 minutes late. I guess I have a lead foot. It was so much fun to catch up with Judy & Kara & their little ones. Even our coworker Pat, who retired the same day I quit, joined us for lunch. She got to meet John for the first time! It was precious. John & Kaleb had quite the ball wrestling with each other!
After lunch we went up to work and surprised everyone. They were all shocked with how big all the boys had gotten. They got a kick out of John's army crawling. Apparently noone there had checked my blog, b/c they had just been talking about when I would be pregnant again at lunch earlier that week. So, it was a big surprise when they found out I was 4 months along! They were all in shock. It was rather fun! Here are some pictures from the day:

Judy & Joe & Kaleb
Kara & her 2 month old Camren
John enjoying Auntie Pat for the first time


Kaleb & John wrestling

Greeting Auntie Carol & of course finding her necklace
Camren enjoying Esther while his mommy talks to him
Kaleb tackling John
The boys playing with "Grammie Paula"
The former coworkers and our children.

After leaving there, John & I headed to Sarah & Dave's where he promptly took a nap, and I rested before our evening with the Addingtons.
We had a grand time catching up. I got to ask Mrs. Addington all my mommy questions, and we enjoyed time hanging out. We got to hear about their daughter's wedding from their point of view. We had seen Jana earlier that week and she told us her opinions. It was a true blessing and very refreshing. We were sorry to have to leave. Hopefully it won't be extra long before we get to see them again.

No comments: